What you need:
Tank top, shirt, skirt etc that fits you well and is simply made (doesn't require buttons or zippers to get into)
Knit fabric (stretchy)
What you do:
1) Double over the fabric so that the "right sides" (i.e. the pretty/front side) together, so that the wrong side is up.
2) Lay out your tank top on the fabric. Measure and mark a one inch border around the whole thing. You may have slightly different front and back necklines, so just mark the fabric differently.
Remember this bow tank top? I made it using this same method!
4) Sew up the side seams and across the shoulders, then hem the neckline and sleeves.
5) Whammo, bammo, you've got yourself a new custom fit tank top!
6) Cue model Ben. He's a geology major - can you tell?
My favorite picture of the entire shoot. So ANTM.
This other tank was struggle bus to get on, so instead we took photos of my newly DIY'ed purse.