Saturday, January 28, 2012

Changes: Making More Room

Every time a huge life event occurs, I get the sudden urge to move things around my room, change it up a bit. Even as far back as middle school, I'd be hauling my furniture around and changing my curtains every 4 months or so. Having a different personal space completely changes my energy, and focuses my nerves (or fears, or hopes, or anxiety) onto something productive and energizing. Since I've been living in a dorm room for the past three and a half years, this has been especially important for me.

And over break, that's exactly what I did. I took the things I didn't like about my room (not enough floor space, not a great work space, light from my window wasn't good, didn't really have any place to organize my jewelry [causing me to just not wear any], etc) and pushed stuff around until it finally all worked.

Really - I have so much more floor space now! Anyone get the movie reference?

There's still a few things I want to change, but with the new semester starting yesterday, they're just going to have to wait a bit. So here's my favorite parts so far:

My favorite new part: I got this bedside table a couple years ago but decided to change it to a jewelry stand of sorts. More visible jewelry = I wear it more.

Can you tell I'm going through a gold jewelry phase? 

My newly re-vamped closet. 

I never used to be a shoe girl. How did I get this many shoes? And why do I still think I need more boots? (Note: I have my summer collection in storage) 

I have a thing for orchids. Mine have been hibernating since last summer, but starting to grow a new stem! The boxes I made with my dad back in middle and high school, and the painting I made last year. 

More orchids, more paintings, and more lace atop my dresser.

My bed, my home, my comfy place. I told my teddy bear Sumo that he'd be famous one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment