Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY: Hipster mug

I gave into my hipster side over break and decided to remake this adorable mustache mug while I was home! I didn't get a final photo of it before I gave it to my mom for a Christmas present but I think you get the idea.

via ???

What you need:
Ceramic mug of your choice
Ceramic paint
Water-soluble pen (not shown)
Paintbrush



What you do:
1) Sketch outline of the mustache on the side of the mug with a pen.



2) Go over that outline with your paintbrush (I realized afterwards that this step would have been much easier if I had also gotten a ceramic paint pen to outline with...)


3) Let dry, then fill in the outline. I did two coats of the paint, though one mostly covered it.


4) Clean up the paint lines, bake your mug according to the paint instructions and you're done! So cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment