Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY: Doubling Your Nail Polish Collection (For Free)

I am so late to the mixing nail polishes game. But when I finally decided to jump on the mint bandwagon that's passing through fashion town (yes, just in time for Easter!), I ended up with this color and knew something had to be done.

It's a nice green, but really nowhere near mint... The color name is "Safari Chic," go figure.

As I was wondering what I was going to do, I suddenly remembered that for some strange reason, I had two bottles of white nail polish. And BAM, an idea was born. Mix them of course! This jungle green plus white equals mint!!



It might help if you aim better than I did...

Ignore the sloppy paint job - I was so excited about the color I didn't even bother to clean the edges up. Awks.

If you don't have extra bottles of the same color lying around, you can always just mix two (or three) colors on an impromptu pallet (read: piece of paper) and use an extra brush to apply to your nails! Mixing the colors outside the bottle would have probably resulted in a slightly darker color, but I like how subtle it is now so I kept it.


Have pink and blue nail polish but not purple? You do now! Neon yellow and sky blue? Wham, now you have bright green thank you ma'am! Mix all the colors in your collection together and get a (potentially gross) brown/black - go crazy! I can't believe I've never done this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment