Thursday, April 5, 2012

On Coconut Oil

I really really dislike coconut. The flavor, the texture, how it ruins perfectly good chocolate with its gross flaky appearance, the insistence of the rest of the world that it's the best thing since sliced bread... you get the point. Coconut is not my thing.

Buuuuut after hearing one too many good things about the potential benefits of coconut oil (seriously, apparently it does everything and anything ever - like you could probably get it to sort your laundry for you), I decided to use up an old gift card and buy some so I can see what all the rage is about. I mean, even Jenna Marbles likes it.


I think I'm mostly going to use it as a hair treatment for now, maybe as a skin moisturizer if I'm feeling fancy. In any case, don't think I'll be using it in any food stuffs in the near future (still can't stand the taste).

I'll report back with my (very non-scientific) findings once I use it for a bit! In the meantime, let me know if you've had any good/bad experiences using coconut oil for whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment