Friday, December 21, 2012

Ten Days

The new year is just a mere 10 days away, and with it comes my new job (an event coordinator), my new city (Columbus, Ohio), my new apartment (still tbd), and my new life (self-explanatory). And while I don't put too much (read: any) faith in mercury retrogrades or Saturn's position affecting my friendships, I find it strangely fitting that tonight is the winter solstice: facing my demons in the longest night of the year, planning for the future that I thought would never come, before slowly recovering daylight and the life that comes with it. I know this move won't suddenly bring me peace and happiness, but it's step one of many more that will lead me in that direction.

I really couldn't have planned it better. 

So in preparation for all these new beginnings, here's 10 things I want to accomplish in the next 10 days (hint: I've already done one of them!). And at the end of it, I'll be posting about my goals for the new year!


PS: I was planning on using a much more serious/well-lit photo but this one makes me happy so I'm using it instead. Yeah. Here's to making 2013 a year worth living.

PPS: If you want tips on goal-setting, there's seriously no better than Elise Blaha. She is such an inspiration. I may have sort of kind of totally copied her monthly "I Choose" photos for this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment