Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY: Tuxedo Pants

Remember my confession of undying love for marching band pants (which apparently are actually called "tuxedo pants")? Well, the ASOS pants I ordered turned out to be roughly three sizes too big, so I decided to make my own version.



What you need:
Pants of your choice
Ribbon, fabric strip, lace, etc of your choice

I was really tempted to use a tribal print trim (they made the tuxedo pants look more like mariachi pants) or a wide turquoise sheer ribbon, but really liked the subtle elegance of the white and gold pattern so went with it instead. 

What you do:
Sew (or use strong glue to attach) the ribbon down the side seam of your pants. Done and done!


I love how the white on white makes it actually look like a classic tuxedo pant! Though I'm still really tempted to make another pair with white and turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment